The Factors Affecting the Location of Medical Centers in Tehran City Case Study: District 1 of Tehran Municipality
AbstractThe historical growth of cities due to the rapid increase of population led to the increased land price in cities and caused problems to the appropriate distribution system as well as the allocation of suitable spaces to some fundamental services like medical centers. Supplying health for all people in every society is one of the basic human rights which should be regarded by governments. The imbalance in fundamental services such as medical care and its imbalanced distribution system cause major challenges expressing themselves in different economic and skeletal dimensions. In this study which aimed at determining the factors affecting the location of medical centers, first the main variables and indicators affecting the location of such centers were extracted and then ranked using the hierarchical questionnaire by some relevant experts. After ranking the obtained indicators using the hierarchical method to examine the medical centers at district 1 of Tehran and investigating the balance and proportion of medical centers, the location of medical centers in district 1 were examined using the geographical information system by hierarchical model. The obtained results indicated that the northeast and east areas of district 1 in Tehran had faced major challenges in terms of the access to medical centers and a specified area in the geographical information system indicated this challenge in the north and northeast areas. The selected point by geographical information system were the areas in this district.
2. United Nations2004World Urbanization Prospects, The 2003 RevisionUNITED NATIONS PUBLICATION.New YorkDepartment of Economic & Social Affairs
3. Sarvar, Rahim; Moosavi, Mirnajaf; Yazdani, Rasul. (2013). Spatial distribution and medical services location analysis using fuzzy multi-criteria decision making model. Quarterly Journal of Environment, 82-102
4. Purmohammadi, M. (2003). Urban land use planning. Tehran: Samt.
5. Sharifzadegan, M; Mammadvahi, A; Lavi, M. (2010). Space inequality in access to public health services for urban health development by the p-median model in Isfahan. Social welfare quarterly. 265-285.
6. Williams, Jonathon. (1997). Geographical information of space. Tehran: GIS in Tehran
7. Yekanifard, Ahmadreza. (2001). The principles of locating medical centers. Quarterly Journal of Municipalities, Third Year, No. 23, 83-104
8. Azizi, Mansur. (2004). GIS application in location, spatial distribution and analysis
9. Network health centers, Case study: Mahabad. Tabriz University, master’s thesis.
10. Hafeznia, Muhammadreza. (2010). An Introduction to the research method in humanities. Tehran: Samt.
11. Hopkins, L.D. (1977). Methods for generating land suitability maps:A comparative evaluation. Journal for American Institute of Planners, 19-29.
12. Ravalli. (2008). The Land SuitabilityAnalysis. County Planning Department.
13. 2002Urban Land Use Planning. Tehran30
14. Shi-e,i1992Introduction to Urban Planning96
15. Rahmanpour2009Locate the schools and theJournal of Geography Education24
16. Litkuhi, Sanaz; Jahanbakhs, Heydar; Charkhchiyan, Maryam. (2014). Theory of location. Tehran: arts and architecture: Payame Noor University.
17. Shie, Esmail. (1991). Environmental talents, the basis for the physical design of Iranian biotechnology complexes. International Conference on National and Regional Physical Design, Ministry of Housing and Urban Development. Isfahan.
18. Ziari, keramatollah. (2002). Urban land use planning. Yazd: Yazd University Press.
19. Shie, Esmail. (1992). An introduction to the basics of urban planning. Tehran: Iran University of Science and Technology.
20. Bahreyini, Seyyed Hussein. (2007). Urban design process. Tehran: Tehran University.
21. Schmid, V &, .Doerner, K. (2012). Ambulance location and relocation problems with time-dependent travel times.
22. Ghasban, Fereydoon. (1996). Environmental geology (Volume 1). Tehran University Press.
23. Sanayi Nejad, Seyyed Fereydoon; Faraji, Hasan Ali. (1999). GIS application using ARC / INFO in urban and regional planning. Jahad Daneshgahi of Mashhad
24. Bazazi, Muhammad. https://modirsun.com/Page/Detail/111
25. Sanayi Nejad, Seyyed Fereydoon; Faraji, Hasan Ali. (1999). GIS application using ARC / INFO in urban and regional planning. Jahad Daneshgahi of Mashhad.
Copyright (c) 2019 Revista Innovaciencia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Esta revista provee acceso libre inmediato a su contenido bajo el principio de apoyo e intercambio del conocimiento.
La Revista INNOVACIENCIA es una publicación científica de acceso abierto, distribuida bajo los términos de la licencia Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY-NC 4.0), que permite el uso ilimitado, distribución y reproducción en cualquier medio, siempre que el autor original y la fuente sean debidamente citados.
Los artículos que se publican en la Revista INNOVACIENCIA representan el criterios de sus autores y no constituyen necesariamente la opinión oficial del organismo encargado de su difusión.